Pages

Monday 14 September 2020

Cross Country Run 2020

 

We came back to class after we had so much fun playing outside in our Mufti. I was in the Blue team and some of my friends were in the Yellow, Green and Red. I was pretty scared and excited at the same time. We all lined up and walked down to the field ready to run. 



When we got to the field we all sat down and waited for our teachers and our principal to get us ready. We started off with some prayers and then we got some helpful pep talks from our house captains. 



This time when we did the run from different years. They started from year 4 and down and then after the year 1 kids went it was our turn. I was like What! We walked to the finish line. I was trying to listen to the big clap to start the race.



Mr Burt (our principal) clapped this loud thing and we ran as fast as we could. I don’t think it was a great idea because as we got next to the gate some people stopped and were so tired. I kept on running and it was so fun and tiring. As soon as I ran I stopped and breathed a bit. 



I ran and ran until I heard a voice call me. It was Jade! She caught up with me. WE ran and ran and then we ended up coming 6th place. I was actually aiming to get to the top 5 but in the top 6 is pretty good as well. Well I mean Jade and I came sixth.



We got closer and closer to the finish line. I was smelling victory and I was glad that it was nearly done. We ran all the way up the hill and we passed the finish line. Jade and I were so happy we came in a tie. We walked back to our lines feeling proud.




When we sat down, 5 other girls were there. It was Kiarah, Kamryn, Cora, Matelita and Gabby. We were all exhausted and layed on the ground. The same order I wrote of the girls' names are the people who came first and on and on. 



There were some kids dancing and singing. I can’t believe they were dancing after that long run. We also cheered on some kids that were still running. After all that we finally walked back

to our classroom. Jade and I had to carry the bucket full of water. Oh come on! In the end I was still happy for my friends and the place I came in with Jade. I was so exhausted that day.





Kia ora everyone, it's me Finau and this is my writing task for today. WE had to write about our Cross Country Run on Friday last week. I hope you enjoy my writing task. Please leave a positive comment on my blog. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.