Pages

Thursday 19 September 2019

Cross Country Recount



On Monday we had our Cross Country. As soon as everyone heard it they were not really excited but some people were. We all had to get changed into our house colours and it was Blue, Yellow, Red and Green.

Then we had some play time before it started. Everyone went crazy on the fields and had some races. I was so bored because I had nothing to do and I was waiting for my Dad. But when I was walking I saw him so I ran into him so I could have my yummy drink but unfortunately my teacher miss west said I was not allowed. After all of that we lined up at the courts and Some kids from Stan-hope (which were the fastest kids) came to run with us and some people from KPMG came to help support. First the year 1’s went and my little sister came first like she always does and then the year 2’s went then the year 3’s went then the year 4’s went and my little brother came fourth place then the year 5’s went. Everyone was looking at us and that made me so scared and nervous. We all lined up really nervous and some of the fastest runners were confident that they were gonna win. One of the teachers gave us some instructions and they got this big clapper and they clapped as loud as they could and in was loud like really loud. Everyone (Which was the year 5 girls, including girls from Stan-hope) started to run, jog and sprint down the field. Stan-hope was in the lead and I was wowed by them. They did not stop even though it was a long run. I was puffed up and exhausted. When I was running I kept stopping for some reason and it was the mud. I tried to pull myself up, then I nearly fell to the ground but I kept running and I kept on stopping which was weird. And well I was running this lady from KPMG started squeaky the horn at me and yelled ‘’Run! Run! You can do this.’’ And that made me start sprinting across the park, through the Flying fox and onto the grass and my friend Vika was running really fast then I dashed to the finish line and I think we ended up in a tie. I was so glad that it was over and I survived and I walked up to some teachers and they handed me some water. I was so tired and nearly fell on the ground. I drank my water bottle all and I threw some all over my feet because it was dirty. Finally we shared some of the seniors on because they had to run our course but they had to do it two times. And we came back to class and ate our lunch and go back home. What a crazy day.

2 comments:

  1. HI finau its me vaha. i really really like your blog. and i really like your cross country recount. you are right finau. it was really crazy that day. o finau. i have to go by finau

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vaha!

      So sorry for the late reply. Thank you for commenting on my blog. I agree that it was so crazy on cross country day. Thanks again.

      From Finau:)

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.