Pages

Tuesday 18 January 2022

SLJ/WK 5 - Kick Off Activity: Poetry Slam Rima

Hey everyone! My name is Finau and welcome to my blog/welcome back to my blog. This is the Poetry Slam activity 5. This activity was about Clerihew Poem. Clerihew poems are suppose to be funny and silly. The first 2 lines should rhyme together and the other 2 lines should rhyme together (there are 4 line in a Clerihew poem). I hope you have enjoyed this post. Please leave a positive comment on my blog.

(I might be quite late on this one because this one was last week. This week is the final week of the SLJ. Looking forward to doing the last activities). 

3 comments:

  1. Kia ora Finau. Phil here from the Poetry Slam team. Thanks for sharing ANOTHER awesome poem. I like the way you give a little description of clerihews for your readers. I'm sure they'll find it super useful. Now I'm wondering if Alice is a real person? Don't forget to enter your poem into the slam using this form. Then you can head to this site to check out some other students' poems and leave them some comments. Keep up the amazing mahi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Phil!
      Thank you for your comment. No worries! I enjoy the poetry slam activities. Yes, I hope they do. No she isn't but it would be weird and cool if there was a real person like Alice (in a good way). Oh yes! Thanks for the reminder and I'll check their blogs. Thanks again.
      Finau

      Delete
  2. Kia Ora

    Finau

    My name is Quein and I am a blog commenter for the Manaiakalani Summer Learning Journey. I am very impressed with your clerihew poem as you have chosen very well placed nouns, verbs and adjectives. I think your poem would definitely put a smile on your fellow bloggers faces and encourage them to give it a go as Phil said it was awesome that you included a little bit of an explanation of the Clerihew poems in your blog posts- Ka Pai!!!!

    Do you enjoy making poems? I really like making poems they let you express yourself and be creative through words.

    Keep up the Super work we look forward to your next blog post!!!

    Have a Super Summer!!!

    Ngā mihi,
    Quein

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.