Pages

Friday 23 April 2021

Mountain Climbing

 


Hello everyone, it's me Finau and this is a piece of writing I wrote. Even though it is the holidays, we can still do blogging. I checked out our class site and saw this holiday task/activity. Check out my story!  


I’ve always loved doing crazy things in my life like jumping out of a plane, scuba diving, riding a hot air balloon, riding a roller coaster ride and, well you get the point. Today I decided to do outdoor rock climbing/mountain climbing. I have tried a lot of things but not this but I guess it’s time I did. I began my journey but before I did, I bought a couple of things to use when I climb the mountain.

I packed everything I needed for this climb. Soon I got on the road. At the same time I was feeling very nervous and pretty excited. Once I got there, I got ready for this climb. I had my phone with me (if I’m in an emergency situation). I began the climb.

I was feeling shaky at first and I continued climbing and feeling that shaking feeling. I had no idea how to climb so I was discovering different ways to climb. As I continued, it began getting a little bit rocky and nowhere for my hands to go. That’s when I started panicking. I kept on doubting myself and thinking of bad things that would happen to me. I grasped onto a part where I could put my hands on.

I kept on climbing but I couldn’t! I was getting the shaky feeling but it felt as if I was gonna make me fall. The one thing that will help is NOT to look down. This feeling carried on bothering me so I stopped but didn’t let go. I was a petrified person holding onto a mountain, I was suspended from this mountain.

Even though I was in this situation, I found the courage to carry in climbing. It was weird but felt like it was a miracle. I tried thinking happy thoughts and improvised. After that I got closer from where I was and that annoying shaky feeling was leaving me. Yay! I ascended this mountain and I’m proud that I did.

Finally I reached the top! I will say it again because I’m proud of myself, I ascended this mountain and I’m proud that I did. This was a really rocky and scary climb. I am so glad I reached the top. Out of all the crazy things I have done in my life, this was super scary (even though I did scarier stuff). I probably won’t do this again but if I did, I would get some people with me on this climb.


I hope you have enjoyed this post. Please leave a positive comment on my blog. Bye!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Finau,
    Great story! Your first sentence really hooks in the reader. I actually went rock-climbing today and it was really fun. If you want I could do this mountain climb with you next time :)
    From Kiarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kiarah!

      So sorry for the late reply. Thanks for commenting on my blog. I am glad that you think this story was great. Oh, you went rock-climbing! Cool! Of course I would. Thanks again Kiarah.

      From Finau:)

      Delete
  2. Kia ora Finau,

    Well done for blogging in the holidays! I liked the structure that you used and some of the words you added for effect. Next time you could find some words specific to climbing to add as well. You also thought about bringing a phone/safety gear which is very good to include in your writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mrs Stone!

      Sorry for the late reply. Thanks for commenting on my blog. I'm am happy that you like the structure of the writing. Yeah, I thought a lot about this writing and when you go rock-climbing (or anything like that) you have to at least bring safety gear. Thanks again Mrs Stone.

      From Finau:)

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.