Pages

Monday 29 June 2020

Swimming with Green Sea Turtles

                            File:Green turtle swimming over coral reefs in Kona.jpg - Wikipedia
As I swam in the warm tropical water, I was searching for the Green Sea Turtle. I swam past the fishes and past the seaweed and coral reef. I ended up in a place where there were lots of colourful plants in the sea.

I went up closer to see what was really there. As I got closer and closer and closer, suddenly a beautiful Green Sea Turtle came out of a rock. I flipped over because it gave me a fright and because I was shocked. When I looked back, the Green Sea Turtle was swimming on the other side of the rocks.

It was like we were having a race because it was going faster than usual. I thought that turtles are very slow. Anyways it turned to the left and I was on her left side which was the best thing ever. As soon as it turned left it faced me and I got to touch it’s face.

The turtle's face was so smooth and a little bit wrinkly. I couldn’t really smell anything because I don’t think people breathe underwater. I don’t know if it was a boy or a girl but I will say that his face was really green. No wonder why people call him a Green Sea Turtle.

I stopped touching his face because it started to swim a bit fast and I had to let go because I can’t keep my hands on his face. I went over to see it one more time before I went back on the boat. What I didn’t realize was that 10 or more Green Sea Turtles were just under me. I was going to past out by that moment but people don’t pass out when you’re underwater.

They came up really close to me because I think they really liked me and maybe they wanted to know who I was. I managed to touch one of their shells and man it was really smooth. It had nice colours on it like, yellow, green, brown and black. 

I waved them all goodbye and I tried to tell them I might be back. So it’s not a goodbye, it was a see you later. I was swimming really fast back up to the boat and when I looked down they were all trying to follow me. I thought that was so cute. I waved them a see you later wave and they went back to where they belong. That was such an adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.