Pages

Wednesday 24 June 2020

How Pigeons helped soldiers during WW1

Our ANZAC soldiers and British soldiers need birds, but the birds they need are Pigeons. Lots of the soldiers at war needed a plan to gather up important information. A good plan that would outsmart other soldiers from Germany or Italy and all the other soldiers.


Their plan was to have someone but someone who could fly, run and be invisible. They thought of an ANIMAL. And that animal is……….. Pigeon. That is such a good idea because Pigeons can fly, run and be invisible because they can fly through the clouds and no one will see.

Pigeons are nice birds that just fly around and have a normal day. Every country has Pigeons, (maybe). Pigeons are grey, black, orange, red and green. That’s a lot of colours for a little bird. Sometimes I wonder what things are in Pigeons heads.

Let me tell you what Pigeons do to help soldiers in World War 1. They would attach a piece of letter to the Pigeon and tell it where to go. Then the Pigeon will do what it’s supposed to do, fly. After all that flying, it will end up in where the person told it to go.

And that's how our soldiers in World War 1 used a Pigeon to send information. I think that was such a good and brilliant idea because if I was a soldier in World war 1 and I wanted to tell my family so secret things then I would try get a Pigeon and do it for me. There are lots of animals you can use to send important information like Pigeons or dogs or maybe a horse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.