Pages

Thursday 12 August 2021

Tech @ Tamaki Stem/Science

 Carefully read and understand this recording and planning guide so you are systematic in scientific thinking, experimenting, recording and interpreting. 


Follow logically through each section so you are thorough in your science investigation steps. 


Complete each section with details needed so you have carefully logged your project...and so an outsider can know and understand too.


1

My science investigation TOPIC: 



2

My investigation question


the effect of different types of physical activity in heart rate


Which actions/activity resulted in the highest heart rate?

Lowest heart rate? Running on the spot as fast as you can (highest) and sitting (lowest).


Why do you think this might be? Sitting is where you relax and take a break and you don’t do anything but when you run you get very tired and your heart beats. 


HYPOTHESIS 

I think running as fast as possible on the spot is the highest heart rate. I think sitting is the lowest heart rate. 

3

Background research and knowledge I will explore as a backdrop to my investigation


High Blood Pressure: 120mmHg

Low Blood Pressure: 80mmHg


4

Aim of my investigation



5

My investigation steps

Materials / resources / people:




STEP 1

We followed the instructions.


STEP 2


We had to get a smart watch and and stopwatch.

STEP 3

We did activities like jogging,running,throwing/catching,etc.


STEP 4

After every activity we checked out blood pressure to see if it was high or low.


STEP X

We wrote it down in this google doc. 



6

My possible recording method


Data collection table

Name of the Activity

Length of Activity

Beat counted in 30 seconds

Heart Rate

mmHg

Sitting

30 seconds

98 (highest)

89 (lowest)

98mmHg

Jogging on Spot

30 seconds

119 (highest)

119mmHg

Throwing and Catching ball

30 seconds

107 (highest)

107mmHg

Stretching

30 seconds

158 (highest)89 (lowest)

158mmHg

Star Jumps

30 seconds

148(highest)

89(lowest)

148mmHg

Running as fast as possible on spot

30 seconds

167 (highest)

89 (LOWEST)

167mmHg

   







Photos and Videos:

Star jump


https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GYqrsAuKBX92s2dC0zzceap3RPnXtSbW/view 

Running on the spot







7

Result: 

I was right, (hypothesis). I ran on the spot and my blood pressure was the highest 167 and sitting down was the lowest 98. 



Hi everyone, it's me Finau and welcome back to my blog. Today at tech we did a science investigation. We did some activities and check our heart rate. It was very fun to do. I worked with Aye and Mrs Sharma was our teacher (yay,she came back). I hope you have enjoyed this post. Please leave a positive comment on my blog. Bye!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.