Pages

Thursday 24 June 2021

Tech @ Tamaki Stem/Science

Know the parts of the flower and what the function (what they do and why) of each part is.

Parts of a flower (what I know): Pedals, Stem, Leaves, Pollen.
Parts of a flower diagram:


Be able to dissect a flower, arrange its parts and collate on an information sheet.
Complete scientific diagram of a flower.
Be able to speak above.

The first thing I think about when I see a flower is how pretty it looks and how it smells.

Equipment: Flower, Cutting Board. Knife.
Method:
Remove one pedal and the sepal so you can have a clean cut.
Hold the bottom of the flower by pinching it gently. Cut it down the centre.
Remove the long origin. Face the knife front ways and cut it gently.
The pollen tube will be shown and cut out.






Hi everyone, it's me Finau and this is a science experiment we did at Science at tech. I enjoyed digesting the flower. I hope you have enjoyed this post. Please leave a positive comment on my blog. Bye!

2 comments:

  1. Well done Finau!!! Happy to see you record your flower activity. Keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Miss Sharma!

    Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am glad you like the video. I enjoyed the experiment. Thanks again Miss Sharma.

    From Finau:)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.