Pages

Wednesday 22 December 2021

SLJ/WK 2 - Kick Off Activity: Bridge Builder

 Hello everyone! My name is Finau and welcome/welcome back to my blog. This is the Bridge Builder kick of activity. In this activity we had to build a bridge with the shapes above (Triangle, Curve, Rectangle) the spans to 30 cm. I might have to try this in real life but it might be quite hard. Maybe in the next post (or whenever) I will show one if real life (hopefully). I hope you have enjoyed this post. Please leave a positive comment on my blog. 

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Finau,

    This is an awesome bridge, well done for completing this activity!

    It would be awesome to see a version of your bridge made from items around your house! Do you have an idea of what you would use to crate the bridge? Then you could test your bridge to see how strong it is and how it works.

    What did you learn about compression in your bridge? I would be interested to learn because I don't know much about engineering or creating bridges like this!

    I hope you learnt a lot in this activity, and had fun while doing it!

    Ngā mihi,
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lauren!

      Thank you for your comment. I'm so happy I completed this kick off activity. It was a challenge and fun to do.

      Yes it really would. I saw my brother Keni the other day playing with some leftover wood my dad was using. I might use them. Yes I'm looking forward to it.

      It is about things forced pushed together. It pushes it inward or something like. I'm not very handy or good either which is why I'm glad this was an activity.

      Yes I did.

      Thanks again,
      Finau

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.