Pages

Tuesday 22 December 2020

Summer Learning Journey/Week 2 :Pigpen Cipher

 


Hey everyone, it's me Finau and today I will be doing another activity for the SLJ. This is my third one for this week (week 2). This was all about pigpen cipher. In the 18th century the Freemasons used it to keep the records private. WE had to use it like a code (kind of). We had to write our favourite beach. Can you guess what it is? You have to look at the image and use the Pigpen Cipher to find out. Also, on the second to last thing or whatever it is called this is a dot on the top left. Comment down below if you know or just to leave me a comment on my blog. I hope you have enjoyed this blog post. See you guys soon, Bye!

4 comments:

  1. Malo e lelei Finau, My name is Deborah from Glen Innes School. I really liked your presentation and your description !, I think it was awesome Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Deborah!

      Thank you so much for commenting on my blog. I happy you like my presentation and description.

      From Finau:)

      Delete
  2. Hello everyone,

    I just realised that my post on the title said week 1 when it's actually week 2. Oops! Just fixed it. Hope none of you saw it (and if you did, that's okay).

    Bye!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Malo e lelei Finau,

    My name is Zana and I am a blog commenter from the Summer Learning Journey.

    This activity is one of my favourites as I love code languages like pigeon code and also my Mum actually made this activity for the summer learning journey!!

    You introduced and explained the activity well and I like that you included some history on pigpen cipher. You did an awesome job writing your code but were you able to decipher the code written in the activity? Now your code looked really tough to me and it took me a little while to figure out I think the clue is “Eastern” so I am going to guess that your favourite beach is the eastern beach in Auckland?

    Let me know if I guessed correctly!!

    Keep up the great work and I hope to see more of your posts over the summer.

    Ngā mihi nui,
    Zana Yates

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.