Pages

Friday 4 December 2020

Art Alive Art Exhibition


 Hi everyone, it's me Finau and this is my art project. We had to draw patterns about Maori, Niue, Samoa, Tonga and Cook islands. Here are the meanings. I will tell you something we did today.




Maori:

Koru: The Koru means new beginnings and harmony and growth. How that means to me is whenever it is like a new years eve, my family and I stay up together and celebrate new beginnings.

Kaperua means all things doubled. People say we look alike and that we are twins (we are not).



Niue:

Hiapo: The Hiapo design looks kind of like the designs we do on our tapa cloth or ngatu in Tonga.

Frangipani: This means devotion to someone. What it means to me is that in Hawaii we always were flowers like that to special events and yeah.


Samoa:

(Tusili'i) That means coconut leaves. In Tonga we use coconut leaves to build roofs on the houses back in the day.

(Fa'a moa fai) It means a flower blooming. On the 4th of July in Tonga we celebrate a festival called the Heilala festival. The festival is named after the national flower of Tonga called “Red Blossomed Heilala or Heilala flower’’.


Tonga:

Manulua is another Tongan pattern. It is one of the oldest designs in polynesian art. Manulau is a bird in Tonga and it is similar to a flower. It also means bringing 2 groups of family together. I think that is important to me because my family and my niece’s family love spending time with each other.

The Dove is on the Tonagn sila. It means God’s peace and how that means to me is that I love going to church and learning about god.

The Stars are on the Tonagn sila. It means the 3 main islands of Tonga, Tongatapu, Vava’u and ha'apai.


Cook Islands:

Ra is the Sun. It means a source of light and clear direction. How this means to me is (I hope you understand) like to feel like I have a clear future in front of me.

Tiare Flower means queen of all flowers and I would love to be the queen of flowers so I can smell and have flowers.

Matau Rua is a fish hook. It means love and in my family I have learnt to love everyone.


So now that you all the meanings I can tell you what we did today. We had our art exhibition at our school. We walked around all the other kid's classrooms and saw there artwork. One of my favourites was Team 2 (year 2 & 3) and Team 5 ( year 7 & 8). There ones were really creative, colourful and just awsome! Overall I loved everyone's art and it was supper fun. I hope you enjoy this blog post. Please leave a positive comment on my blog. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.