Pages

Thursday 30 April 2020

My own mystery story

It was a day like any other day for a detective until Mr Burt ran into my office and he told me to come with him. I knew it wasn’t gonna be good. Mr Burt said to me “do you know who drank all the coffee in the staffroom,” I told him don’t worry about a thing because this detective knows what she’s doing. Then he said “oh okay then. Bye.”


Off I went looking for clues. There was a clue on the table, a clue on the chair, a clue on the sink and a clue on the door. Very interesting I thought. Mr Goodwin's favourite mug had coffee in it and it was in the sink. Mr Somerville’s jumper was a chair. Miss Tuia’s keys were left on the door and Miss Sio’s half eaten, squashed banana was on the table. I took all the clues with me to my office.


I started to interview all the suspects which were just teachers. I got this huge feeling inside like if I found out who did it Mr Burt would award me with 1 million dollars and he would give me an award at assembly all the time Looks like this case is going to be finished in no time.


The first person I interviewed was Miss Sio. Sometimes Miss Sio doesn't drink coffee but she loves staying in the staffroom when she’s alone. I flashed the light in her face and I asked “were you the one who drank all the coffee,” Miss Sio said “I will tell you, just stop putting the light in my face. I was in the staffroom singing and walking around and I accidentally fell on the table where my half eaten, banana that got squashed. I ran away because I was embarrassed of the banana stuck on my pants.” So that was easy. Miss Sio did not drink all the coffee because she came clear very quickly, and that's what I like.


The next person I interviewed was Mr Somerville. Now with Mr Somerville he doesn't like to stay in the staffroom to eat, drink, talk or sleep. He does all of that in his office. I see him everyday there. It’s like it means the world to him. I asked him “so it was you who drank all the coffee” and he said nope. And I’m like TELL ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mr Somerville “fine, I was in the staffroom sleeping. I took off my jumper so that would be my blanket and I asked Miss King if I could use one of her pillows she had in her classroom. I left my jumper on the chair and I was going to get it until you asked me to come with you. But I didn’t drink all the coffee. Not even one bit.” There I was thinking about Mr Somerville sleeping on his job then I forgot that I’m still solving some problems. I let him go and he was happy but I’m still telling Mr Burt Mr Somerville was sleeping when he was supposed to be teaching.


I was getting tired already so I asked Miss Tuia to come because I wanted to go and enjoy my life but I really like solving mysteries. I said “just admit it Miss Tuia, it was you” and she told me what happened, “so I was in the staffroom dancing because I really like it and enjoy it. I also wanted to keep fit. I threw my keys up in the air because when I was dancing I raised my hands up in the air. I heard someone coming and I thought it was Mr Burt so I ran and I forgot my keys. I would never drink all the coffee. I would only take 1 cup.” I thought Miss Tuia was telling the truth because that took guts to tell people secrets.


I moved on to the last suspect, Mr Goodwin. I started to not care about getting money and getting awards, I just wanted to solve this case and to stop the teacher from doing this. I asked Mr Godwin “Mr Goodwin, just tell me you drank all the coffee in the staffroom” and he said “why are you asking me. I would never ever drink all the coffee in the staffroom. I don’t even like coffee. So yeah I did nothing.” I yelled so loud and said “you were the one that drank it all. You had coffee in your favourite mug, and it was in the sink. You do like coffee. I always see one of your students outside your classroom giving you coffee. Stop lying!” Mr Goodwin fell on his knees and he started crying and he said he was sorry for being a liar and he will never do it again.


I told Mr Burt and he said that I was such an amazing and clever girl. He said Mr Goodwin won't be able to teach his class and he won't have his laptop anymore. His class would be joining my class, room 8. He wanted to give me a prize but he said he needs all that money to buy or get coffee. I didn’t mind a bit because I rather solve cases instead of getting prizes. The case has been solved by the amazing detective, Finau.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Finau

    Great effort with your story Finau. What a fantastic imagination you have! Hmmm I wonder if Mr Somerville really does sleep in his office? I'm sure that he was just working hard and not sleeping on the job. Poor Mr Goodwin for being the culprit. Great detective work Finau, and great story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Miss Lagitupu, it's me Finau and I just want to say thanks for your amazing and lovely comment. Mr Somerville doesn't actually sleep on his job, it's just my imagination. And I do think I have a fantastic imagination. Thanks for commenting.

    Stay safe in your bubble.

    Finau

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.