Pages

Friday 21 August 2020

My Canadian Adventure (part 4, maybe the end)




Friday 21 August 2020


Dear Diary, Hello Diary, it’s me Finau and I’m gonna be doing something fun today. I planned it last night and I also want to say sorry I didn’t talk to you yesterday. The internet was acting up. Plus I write my diaries on my chromebook.



So today I’m thinking about Shayna getting to choose. I’m probably going back to New Zealand soon or tomorrow. I don’t want to go. It’s fine I will visit. Then I told Shayna that I’m probably going back to New Zealand soon or tomorrow. I don’t want to go. It’s fine I will visit. I said the same thing but who cares.



We met back at the park and played on it for a while. Shayna said she entered a spelling bee contest and she said she won and she got free tickets. The best part about it is that you should pick a number from 1 to 10. That number will be how many tickets you get! I was so happy.



We started to get on our bikes but instead we took a taxi. We paid the driver $15 or 25. I’m gonna skip all the boring parts like waiting in line and paying the people the money and all that boring stuff. BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH! 



Once we finished we walked over to this big board that was a map. It showed you around the zoo. There were so many places but we both agreed on meeting the Cougar. WE went over to its place and there was a big glass window in front of us so the Cougar won’t escape. 

The Cougar was playing. He first climbed up some trees and some rocks. Then he started growling and people were afraid but we told them he’s just having fun. They understood. Everyone got their phone, Ipad or laptop and filmed it. It was like a monkey but a Cougar. WE didn’t see it eat but the loud speaker said “In 5 minutes all the animals will be eating” and Shayna and I ran to the rodents' side.



We wanted to go to the Wolverine. It was so cute and small. It looks like a small bear, but Wolverine is more closely related to the family Mustelidae (weasels). Some of the Zoo Keepers came in. Once again everyone got their phone out and filmed. They said that the Wolverine eats berries and plants but they also said that they like meat more.I was shocked. Well Shayna and I were shocked. We thought it ate berries and plants (which it does) but it mostly eats meat. 



One of the zoo keepers threw in a big piece of meat. They said it came from pigs and bulls. They kept throwing the meat until it was time for dessert. They poured 7 bowls of berries and plants. The Wolverines ran up to it and ate it. After 5 minutes they were full. Everyone clapped and walked away to see more animals.



Shayna and I went and visited some birds. We visited the Spotted Owl, The Great Blue Heron and The Giant Canadian Goose. They were all flying and playing and eating and enjoying their lives. It was so cool. We even got to hold some and play with some and feed some because no one was there. 



Finally Shayna and I left for the gift shop to buy some stuffed toys and books. We also ate some lunch and took some selfies. WE had so much fun and we had a fun chat again. WE called the taxi and we rode back to the park. WE paid the man $10 or $5. WE played and went back home.



I also waved Shayna Goodbye because I was going back home. I missed her  so much that I cried. She even cried too. WE took our last selfie but we can still contact each other. So that was my diary entry. I hope you enjoy it and maybe there will be more adventures coming up. See you later Diary!





Hello everyone, it's me Finau and this is my writing task for today. This might be my last adventure in Canada but that's okay. There will maybe more. I hope you enjoy my writing. Please leave a positive comment on my blog. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.